The only “trick” for the low carb option of this is to skip out on the bun. While I would have loved to make a sandwich out of this meat, a bowl of it is so flavorful. This first time I tried this recipe I chopped the pepperoncini, which ended up making the beef spicier. Then second time I left them whole so I could easily pick them out of the meat if I didn’t want to eat them. Adding mustard on top of the beef is an excellent addition!
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp dried minced onion
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- handful of pepperoncini peppers
- handful banana pepper rings
- 2-3 lb beef chuck roast
- 1 tsp kosher salt and pepper
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Spray slow cooker insert with cooking spray.
- Add vinegar, dried onion, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, whole pepperoncini peppers and banana pepper rings to bottom of slow cooker.
- Add beef chuck roast on top of spice mixture, season both sides with salt and black pepper. Top with butter.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, then shred and serve.