This delicious low carb Chicken Jalapeño Popper Casserole is anything short of spicy. I’m used to making bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers for a holiday appetizer, but I thought this would be a good recipe to try out for a weeknight dish. I ended up chopping my chicken, but a great alternative would be to shred the chicken and mix it into the cream cheese layer. I’ve adapted the recipe below from the original recipe here.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb cooked chicken
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa verde
- 3/4 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 3 raw jalapeños, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Break the cauliflower into medium sized pieces. Microwave with the heavy cream and butter for 10 minutes. Stir to coat cauliflower with cream/butter mixture. Microwave for another five minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Place cauliflower mixture in food processor along with the jalapeños and garlic powder. Then spread mixture across bottom of an oven safe dish. Add chopped chicken on top of cauliflower layer
- Microwave cream cheese for 60 seconds. Then mix in the shredded cheese, jalapeños and salsa verde. Then spread across the chicken layer.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.