You must try this delicious fiesta casserole. My husband ended up loving it, plus the entire process is super easy. I added avocado onto this already high-fat plate of food because nothing beats having an avocado with Mexican food! This recipe is adapted from the original recipe here.
- 2 lb. 80/20 ground beef
- 3/4 yellow onion, chopped
- 1.5 tsp. chili powder
- 1.5 tsp. cumin
- 1.5 tsp. garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp. paprika
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mexican cheese
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 6 oz. can sliced black olives
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- Cook the ground beef in a large skillet, then drain the fat. Add the chopped onion, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and paprika to the skillet then stir to combine.
- Move the mixture to a 2 quart baking dish.
- Mix the cheeses together with the drained tomatoes and olives. Spread the mixture over the meat.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.
- Serve it with a diced tomato and avocado! Pair with a margarita 😉