FRIED CABBAGE WITH SAUSAGE
Recipe adapted from Peace Love And Low Carb, which is where you can find the nutritional information.
- 6 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 14 oz kielbasa
- large head green cabbage, cored and sliced
- 1 tsp paprika
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 3 tbsp of butter. Add the onion and garlic to the pan. Sauté until onion is translucent and garlic is fragrant.
- Add red wine vinegar to the pan and mix in with onions and garlic.
- Add sliced kielbasa to the pan and sauté until slightly browned.
- Add remaining butter, cabbage, paprika, salt and pepper. Toss to mix all ingredients together and coat the cabbage with butter and seasonings.
- Sauté until cabbage is wilted and slightly browned.
- Top with fresh parsley and crushed red pepper flakes before serving.