My favorite taste in this entire meal was the addition of sesame seed oil. It is super unique in flavor. I am always looking for quick recipes to make when I get home from a long day of work and traffic. This easy weeknight recipe is adapted from Keto Connect.
- 3 raw chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 medium Green Bell Pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp green onions
- 1/4 medium white onion
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Dice chicken thighs into 1 inch chunks. Cut onion and pepper into equally large chunks.
Increase heat to high and add canola oil to pan.
- Once oil is up to temperature, add in the chicken thighs and allow them to cook through(about 5 minutes).
- Once the chicken is fully cooked. Add in the pepper, onions, garlic, chili garlic sauce and seasonings (ginger, salt, pepper). Allow to cook on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and cashews. Cook on high and allow the liquid to reduce down until it is a sticky consistency – there should not be excess liquid in the pan upon completing cooking.
- Serve in a bowl and drizzle with sesame oil.