CORN, EDAMAME AND QUINOA SALAD
2/3 cup water
1/3 cup quinoa
3 cups frozen corn
1 16-ounce can black beans
1 1/2 cups frozen, shelled edamame
1 cup chopped red pepper
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
6 green onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
6 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce (I use gluten-free soy sauce)
2 tablespoons smooth dijon mustard
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place water and quinoa in a small saucepan and prepare according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a colander, rinse and drain the corn, black beans and edamame, just to wash away the liquid from the beans and help the edamame and corn to begin thawing. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add red pepper, cilantro, green onions, garlic and prepared quinoa.
- To prepare the vinaigrette, combine lemon juice, soy sauce, mustard and olive oil in a medium bowl. Whisk well to combine and then pour over vegetable mixture.
- Chill for an hour or two before serving to allow the flavors to combine.