Recipe via Cooking Light.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. minced shallots
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup rinsed and drained chickpeas
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 4 cups packed fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. sunflower seeds kernels
- 3/4 cup sliced avocado
- 2 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a small jar. Cover with lid; shake well.
- Combine chickpeas, quinoa, and 2 tablespoons dressing; toss well.
- Arrange 1 cup spinach in each of 4 quart-size containers. Top each servicing with 1/4 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup tomato, 1 1/2 teaspoons sunflower seeds, one-fourth of avocado slices, 1/2 ounce goat cheese, 1 1/2 teaspoons mint, and 1/2 cup quinoa mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Drizzle each serving with 2 1/2 tablespoons dressing.
Serves: 4 (serving size: 1 salad)
Calories: 406; Fat: 24.2g; Protein: 11g; Carb: 43g; Fiber: 9g; Sugars: 10g; Cholesterol: 7mg; Iron: 3mg; Sodium: 369mg; Calcium 95mg