ONE-POT MEDITERRANEAN QUINOA
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 small shallot, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup sliced green olives
- 12 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, shallots and pepper flakes and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add dill and cook for another 30 seconds or so.
- To the saucepan, add quinoa, and olives. Stir continuously for 15 – 30 seconds. Add liquids, bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to simmer for 20 – 25 minutes until liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove lid and stir in spinach and chickpeas. Let sit for a few minutes to allow spinach time to wilt. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.