Original recipe originally found here, but adapted for baking in the oven.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika
- salt and pepper to season
SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP:
- 4 oz frozen spinach, thawed
- 8 oz block cream cheese, at room temp
- 6 oz bottled artichoke hearts in brine, finely chopped
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- Place each chicken breast on a flat surface. Season both sides of each breast with the Italian seasoning and paprika. With your hand supporting each piece, cut a slit or pocket about half way through, being careful not to cut all the way. (Mine we’re already halved when purchased, so mine look more like “boats” in the photos)
FOR THE FILLING:
- Squeeze any and all excess liquid out of the spinach (if not, the chicken will bake in a pool of water). Combine the spinach, cream cheese, artichokes, mozzarella, parmesan and garlic.
- Fill chicken with the spinach artichoke dip. Optional: Seal with two or three toothpicks near the opening to keep the dip inside while cooking.
- Place chicken in baking dish.
- Heat oven to 375 F for 60 minutes.