BAREFOOT CONTESSA’S OUTRAGEOUS BROWNIES
This recipes is a little bit different from the original, but just as tasty.
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 extra-large eggs
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups sugar
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Grease a 12 x 18 baking sheet.
- Melt butter, 1 pound of chocolate chips, and the unsweetened chocolate in a medium bowl over simmering water, or in a double broiler. Slightly cool the chocolate mixture.
- In a large bowl, gently stir the eggs, vanilla, and sugar together until well mixed. Stir the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In another medium bowl, sift together 1 cup of flour, the baking powder, and salt. add the dry ingredients to the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Pour everything into the baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean
- Serve with ice cream, if desired