ONE POT CHICKEN AND RICE
This is adapted from this recipe.
- 2 chicken breasts chopped into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 14.5 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook rice according to package directions, set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large NONSTICK pan over medium high heat until very hot. Toss chicken into pan along with onions, and zucchini. Sauté for three minutes then add red bell pepper garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes.
Stir in crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, rice and seasonings. Bring to a simmer, cover and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 8-12 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring every 5 minutes, covering pot after each stir.
Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Garnish with fresh Parmesan.