- 1 lb ground chicken
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 lime
- lemon grass stalks
- 1/4 C breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Peel and dice the red onion. Chop the cilantro leaves and keep separate. Halve the lime.
- Remove the tough outer layers from the lemongrass stalks. Using the back of your knife, lightly bruise the lemongrass to release its flavor. Half the stalks lengthwise, creating “skewers”.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, tossing, until softened.Add the cilantro and the cayenne to the pan and cook until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the onion mixture, ground chicken and breadcrumbs, Sriracha and salt and pepper. Form the chicken mixture around the lemongrass stalks to create kabobs. Place on oiled baking sheet or oiled foil sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve the chicken skewers on a bed of coconut rice.
- Top with more Sriracha, if desired!