CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES WITH FLAX
Because nothing says “weekend” like chocolate chip cookies!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick rolled oats
- 3/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup (or 12 tbsp) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper, if desired.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oats, flax seeds, baking soda and salt.
- Combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and butter; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture, beating just until combined. Batter will be sticky.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets; batter will spread during baking.
- Bake until golden brown (about 16 minutes). Let cool.