I found this recipe and adapted it a little bit from Half Baked Harvest.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup 1 % milk cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound ground spicy Italian sausage
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat and boil the pasta until al dente.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and Parmesan.
- Drain the spaghetti, and add it right back to the hot pot. Add the butter and the egg mixture to the spaghetti and quickly toss until evenly coated.
- Add the cottage cheese and cream cheese and toss until combined. Transfer the mixture to the baking dish.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and brown all over, about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from the heat, and stir in the marinara sauce.
- Spread mixture over the spaghetti. Add the mozzarella cheese in an even layer over top.
- Transfer the baking dish to the oven and bake 30 to 45 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is lightly browned on top. Cool 5 minutes before serving.